Monday, May 13, 2013

Nail Art ~ Male Hands

This blog is a nail art picture for guys. The nail polish base is Regulate from the 420 Collection. The top coat is Matte Holo and the stamp is Scoundrel. I used the RA 116 plate from Red Angel for the stamped image on the middle finger.

Matte Holo gives an appearance of finely chewed aluminum, and reminds me of the ground aluminum that can be found leftover from an aluminum milling job. There is an interesting chase of light across Matte Holo, because of the holographic pigment, and I chose Scoundrel, a semi-gloss, to make the stamped marijuana leaf stand out against the Matte Holo.

The inspiration for this manicure is my 1914 Conn alto saxophone. I polished it once to a bright silver and immediately missed the patina that had built up over so many years. I have not deep cleaned it again and love the patina.


Thanks for reading!

2 comments: